Want To Be A Resident Assistant?
Are You A…
- Problem Solver?
- Community Builder?
Apply to be a Resident Assistant!
To qualify, you must meet the following by the end of Spring 2014:
- 40 undergraduate credit hours (Those in Master's and PhD programs meet this requirement)
- Minimum of one year living in residence halls at the college/university level
- Cumulative 2.75 GPA
- Must be able to serve one full academic year
- Complete an online application (available October 1, 2013 – October 31, 2013)
- Provide at least three completed references by November 15, 2013
- Complete a one-hour interview (sign-up online for a date in November)
- Receive notification regarding your qualification to move on to phase two by December 6, 2013; including directions regarding registration for the Residential Leadership Seminar
- (Spring semester 2014) Complete a one credit hour Residential Leadership Seminar
- Receive notification regarding employment prior to Spring Break of 2014
The course is one credit hour and will meet once a week for one hour and forty minutes for the first 8 weeks of the Spring semester. Successful completion of the course is mandatory in order to be eligible for hire for the RA position. Class attendance is mandatory to remain eligible for the position. Successful completion of the course does not guarantee a resident assistant position. For a more detailed description of the Residential Leadership Seminar, please see below course description.
The Residential Leadership Seminar is a 1 credit hour seminar designed to assist students who desire to be resident assistants. The course will give students the ability to develop a team, communicate effectively, understand the needs of students within a college or university environment and recognize successful steps in building community.
Questions about what it is like to be an R.A.? Talk with any current R.A. to learn more about the different aspects of the position, or click the link to the left to send us an e-mail.