Want To Be A Resident Assistant?
To qualify, you must meet the following by the end of the Spring 2016 semester:
- 40 undergraduate credit hours (Those in Master's and PhD programs meet this requirement)
- Minimum of one year living in residence halls at the college/university level
- Cumulative 2.75 GPA
- Must be able to serve one full academic year
- Complete an online application by Nov. 1, 2015
- Attend one information session
- *If you are currently studying abroad and would like to be an RA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about applying.
RA Info Sessions
|Sept. 21||8 p.m.||Hawkins Boiler Metro Activity Room|
|Sept. 22||7 p.m.||Tarkington West Activity Room|
|Sept. 23||6 p.m.||Shreve Jade Room|
|Sept. 28||8 p.m.||Hawkins Boiler Metro Activity Room|
|Sept. 29||7 p.m.||Tarkington West Activity Room|
|Sept. 30||6 p.m.||Shreve Jade Room|
|Oct. 5||8 p.m.||Hawkins Boiler Metro Activity Room|
|Oct. 6||7 p.m.||Tarkington West Activity Room|
|Oct. 7||6 p.m.||Shreve Jade Room|
|Oct. 13||7 p.m.||Tarkington West Activity Room|
|Oct. 14||6 p.m.||Shreve Jade Room|
|Oct. 18||7 p.m.||Hillenbrand Atrium|
- Provide at least two completed references by Nov. 1, 2015
- Complete a 30-minute interview (sign-up online for a date - Nov. 12-13, 16-19)
- Receive notification regarding your qualification to move on to phase two by Jan. 11, 2015, including directions regarding registration for the Big Weekend
- Attend sessions of the Big Weekend from Feb. 5-7, 2016. The Big Weekend includes group process and a 30-minute individual interview during parts of Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Successful completion of the Big Weekend is mandatory in order to be eligible for hire for the RA position; successful completion of the Big Weekend does not guarantee a resident assistant position.
- Receive notification regarding employment on March 7, 2015.
Questions about what it takes to be an RA? Talk with any current RA to learn about the different aspects and benefits of the position or email email@example.com.