Summer Intern Housing Program
University Residences at Purdue University is offering affordable, comfortable and convenient housing for all summer interns working for both Purdue and local companies in the Greater Lafayette area. Interns will be housed in Hawkins Residence Hall, conveniently located on the academic campus near many academic buildings, the Purdue Memorial Union, and Chauncey Hill shops and restaurants. All rooms in Hawkins Hall are air-conditioned, fully furnished and include Wi-Fi, cable television hookup and parking. Summer internship housing is available from May 22-August 6, 2017, with a minimum stay of one week.
Hawkins Hall is an upper class housing community, within walking distance to numerous shops and restaurants, as well as situated on the academic campus close to all main campus buildings. Interns will have access to an exercise and workout facility, 24 hour laundry facility, large lounge areas, large main floor kitchenette and a 13th floor lounge with a spectacular panoramic view of Purdue’s campus.
Each intern must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program at a college or university
- Must abide by the guidelines of behavior for University Residences
- Must abide by the Summer Intern and Brazilian Science Mobility Program Housing Agreement
Housing & Pricing
Roommate requests may be accommodated as long as it is a mutual request from both parties. Roommate requests may be made through the housing application.
Interns will be able to choose between two dining options. Dining will be charged on a weekly basis (Monday-Sunday) and no weeks will be prorated for cost.
Option 1: 13 Meal Plan ($150.00/week)
- 13 meals a week
- $25.00 Dining Dollars a week
Option 2: Dining Dollars Only ($75.00/week)
- $75.00 of Dining Dollars each week
Applying and Reserving Your Space
You will need to download and sign the 2017 Intern Housing Agreement as well as provide proof of enrollment in a degree-seeking program and proof of employment with your internship.
A $50.00 non-refundable application fee is required and can be paid by check or money order to University Residences. Please mail to:
Summer Intern Housing
Attn: Randi Purvis
1225 Third Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
Participants have the following options for payment:
Purdue Departmental Account
- If your department with whom you are interning is paying for your housing, please email email@example.com to request a departmental account transfer form. This form needs to be filled out and signed by a departmental authority.
- The $50.00 application fee will be assessed through the departmental billing and account transfer, therefore not needing to be paid by the intern to reserve a space.
- You must indicate this on your application so your reservation is not held up.
- Pay full amount of your stay upon arrival with cash, check, or major credit card
- Pay for your first 4 weeks upon arrival, making subsequent payments on or before the start of each additional 4 week period
Late Stays/Early Arrivals
If you are a Purdue University student who is currently living in University Residences and/or will be living here in the fall, you may submit a late stay request and/or early arrival request. These requests can be made to accommodate you during the gap time frame in between the end of the spring contract and the beginning of the summer term, as well as the gap of time in between the end of the summer term and beginning of the fall 2017 housing contract. You will be responsible for paying the late stay/early arrival fee ($22/night) which will be assessed through your MyPurdue account. Requests must be made by submitting a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your PUID in your request.