Want To Be A Resident Assistant?
To qualify, you must meet the following by the end of the Spring 2019 semester:
- 40 undergraduate credit hours (Those in Master's and PhD programs meet this requirement)
- Minimum of one year living in residence halls at the college/university level
- Cumulative 2.75 GPA
- Must be able to serve one full academic year
- Complete an online application by Nov. 1, 2018
- Attend one information session
- *If you are currently studying abroad and would like to be an RA, please email email@example.com for information about applying.
RA Info Sessions - You MUST attend ONE information session to gain access to the application
|Wednesday||September 19||8:00 p.m.||Shreve Jade Room|
|Tuesday||September 25||6:00 p.m.||Third Street Suites, Room 159|
|Wednesday||September 26||7:00 p.m.||Black Cultural Center, MP #1|
|Thursday||September 27||6:00 p.m.||Tarkington West Activity Room|
|Monday||October 1||8:00 p.m.||Hawkins Boiler Metro Activity Room|
|Tuesday||October 2||7:00 p.m.||Tarkington West Activity Room|
|Wednesday||October 3||4:30 p.m.||WTHR 104|
|Thursday||October 4||8:00 p.m.||Third Street Suites, Room 159|
|Tuesday||October 9||7:00 p.m.||WTHR 104|
|Wednesday||October 10||8:00 p.m.||Third Street Suites, Room 159|
|Monday||October 15||7:00 p.m.||Honors College and Residences STEAM Lab|
|Wednesday||October 17||5:30 p.m.||Earhart Conference Room|
|Thursday||October 18||6:00 p.m.||WALC 1018|
- Complete a 30-minute interview (sign-up with your application for a date - November 8-15)
- Receive notification regarding your qualification to move on to phase two by January 13, 2019, including directions regarding registration for the Big Weekend
- Attend sessions of the Big Weekend from February 1-3, 2019. The Big Weekend includes a group interview and a 30-minute individual interview during parts of Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Successful completion of the Big Weekend is mandatory in order to be eligible for hire for the RA position; successful completion of the Big Weekend does not guarantee a resident assistant position.
- Receive notification regarding employment after Spring Break.
Questions about what it takes to be an RA? Talk with any current RA to learn about the different aspects and benefits of the position or email firstname.lastname@example.org.